GrahamTek’s R&D Team in 2007
GrahamTek Singapore had a prestigious R&D Team in 2007 that was headed by Prof Harvey Winters.
Members of the GrahamTek R&D Team
- Emeritus Professor Harvey Winters- Fairleigh Dickinson University.
- Emeritus Professor Tony Fane- University of New South Wales & NTU Singapore
- Emeritus Professor Hans Coster- University of Sydney
- Professor Greg Leslie- University of New South Wales
- Professor Adrian Law- Nanyang Technological University
- Associate Prof Chong Tzyy Haur, Nanyang Technological University
- Professor How Yong Ng- National University of Singapore
- Dr Zhang Yan Peng
The R&D Team researched various aspects of the 16-inch RO with regards to the effect of the flow distributor on the hydraulics of the flow moving through the 16-inch membrane element; the critical flux, bio-fouling potential and the effect of an electromotive force applied for the reduction of biofouling.
The research also examined the effect of micro-bubbles that are created by the spin of water as it passes through the flow distributor. It has been postulated that micro-bubbles generated, have been known to provide a scouring effect on the membrane surface that disrupts the formation of the concentration polarization layer which prevents membrane fouling during operation.
Professor Harvey remains as an adviser and a specialist consultant to GrahamTek Nuwater Singapore Pte Ltd.